Esko Software Platform Makes
by Reuben Malz
Ghent (Belgium), March 16, 2016 – Esko has completely updated its software solutions and relaunched them under the umbrella brand name “Esko Software Platform”. It’s the next version of the well-known portfolio of integrated software solutions for design, prepress, workflow automation, color management and supply chain collaboration used for packaging, labels, displays and signs.
The Esko Software Platform is enhanced with new capabilities and delivers a unique user experience. The full range of innovations and integrations of Esko Software Platform will be demonstrated for the first time at the upcoming drupa 2016, scheduled for May 31 through June 10 in Düsseldorf.
Highlights of the Drupa release of the Esko Software Platform include:
- More software modules made available as Software as a Service (SaaS) and subscriptions
- Improved 3D support, especially when viewing objects in WebCenter and on mobile devices
- A new Content Management module for WebCenter
- ArtPro+, a totally new platform-independent native PDF prepress editor
- New tools and libraries for multi-part POP design in ArtiosCAD 16
- Planogram interface for Store Visualizer 16
- New set of automated quality assurance tools in Automation Engine
- Esko hardware integration in the workflow (Automation Engine Device View)
- Improved user experience across all applications
“Esko has embedded technologies from our partner GlobalVision and from our subsidiary Enfocus to eliminate time-consuming manual checks,” Zwaenepoel states. “Automated quality checking tools allow our customers to process more jobs with the same people and with fewer errors”. This innovation offers peace of mind and addresses the lack of skilled operators many companies are facing.”
GlobalVision quality control solution tools are embedded in Automation Engine 16. Features now available from the automated workflow include a spell checker and automatic checking of barcodes and Braille against an approved profile. The quality check runs as a background process and results in an annotated and viewable design file for Automation Engine, WebCenter and in ArtPro+. This enables fast, systematic revision of all detected errors.
Please visit the Esko Software Platform for more information on what’s new within Esko.